iKAN TRIATHLON 2019 RULES AND INDEMNITY
Each participant need to fill out a registration form by providing details in all the fields as required including mail id phone number etc.
All participants must wear required gears. Must wear appropriate shoes while riding and running, barefoot running will not be allowed. Must wear a cycling helmet during cycling and will not allow participating without wearing cycling helmet and adequate swimming gear during swimming.
Participants must reach the venue at least 60 minutes before the event to complete the registration formalities and do some warm up before the event starts.
You must show photo ID & registration document to receive your Triathlon number. You are required to wear an official Triathlon number on the front of your T-Shirt to participate in the iKAN TRIATHLON.
No un-official vehicles, bikes, etc will be allowed to escort the participants. Failure to comply with any of the rules may lead to disqualification. Hydration points will be available for bikers and runners during the run at no extra cost. The decision of the organisers is final at all stages of the event.
Participants are responsible for their own safety and belongings. Kannur cycling Club and all event organisers will not be responsible in any way for any losses/injuries caused to the participants during the course of this event.
DECLARATION BY THE PARTICIPANT
I, hereby state as follows:
1. I am 18 years or above in age and I am fully competent to understand this consent form; and I and my successors and assigns or any person claiming under me agree with and undertake the above.
2. That the information about me at the time of registration is true and correct as per records and to the best of my knowledge. In the event it any information is found to be false, I understand that the participant can be automatically disqualified at any stage and that the registration fees paid shall stand forfeited and further that the participant shall not be entitled to any medal/certificate and in the event any such award or recognition is already conferred then the same is liable to be withdrawn.
3. I shall be solely responsible for my conduct and behaviour during the event. I understand that in the event of any act by the participant including indiscipline/ misbehaviour, violation of safety rules, etc, the organisers reserve the right to remove the participant together with any person accompanying the participant from the venue.
4. I understand the nature of the Event and I am aware of the risks involved in participating in this Event. I am aware and understand that the Club has not given any warranties (expressed or implied) about including but not limited to, the safety and fitness of use of the goods, equipment and facilities being used for the Event and that any warranty in this regard has been disclaimed.
5. I accept that taking part in this event contains certain inherent risks. I agree to participate in the Event entirely at my own risk and accept that the event organizers are not liable to me for any loss, damage, claim, expense, injury or accidents which may arise during the course of the Event, in any manner whatsoever. I will participate in the Event with care and attention and abide by the instructions of the Club, its personnel and any other authorised representative designated by the Club. I remain solely responsible for my own property and actions
6. The Club or any of its affiliates, contractors or sponsors of the Event, will not be responsible for my death or any loss, injury or damage which I may sustain during the Event.
7. I understand the importance of intimating the Club of any medical or special needs which may restrict my participation in the Event. I confirm that I have no such medical or special needs and I am fully capable of participating in the Event.
8. I am in good health and have no medical condition, which may in any way interfere with my ability to participate in the Event and my participation in the Event will not affect my good health and well being.
9. I have not contacted any infectious or contagious disease within the last 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the Event.
10. If at any point during the Event or after the Event, I require urgent medical treatment, I give my permission to the paramedics/medical authorities to administer such emergency treatment to me, including administering anesthetic, as they may consider necessary in such circumstances. Such medical expenses will be completely reimbursed by me to Kannur Cycling Club.
11. I agree that the event being an outdoor event is subject to vagaries of weather and while the organisers would endeavor to conduct the event under as per schedule, in the event of bad weather, poor ground conditions, reasons of Act of God or for any other unforeseen reason and/or in the interest of health and safety and well being of all participants, preventing the organisers from organising the event, then I agree that the organisers shall have complete discretion and I shall not hold the organisers responsible for any loss, damages, etc, arising out of such non-conduct/cancellation of the event.
12. I will not hold the management/organization responsible if the event is postponed/cancelled due to the order of the government/authorities due to any political, social, economic or any other matter over which the management/organization have no control. If the event is postponed / canceled due to a situation beyond the control of the management, the participant can either participate on the new date or opt for transfer of the registration to the next event organized by Kannur Cycling Club. If the event is postponed / cancelled due to a situation beyond the control of the management, the participant cannot cancel the registration and demand a refund of the registration fee.
13. Once the registration is completed, no refund will be made for cancellation of the registration for any reason or for non-appearance on the event day.
14. I understand that any and all photographs, motion pictures, recordings, and/or likenesses of me captured during the event, its affiliated entities or contractors, and/or the media become the sole property of the club. I grant the right, permission and authority to Kannur Cycling Club and its designees to use my name and any such photographs, motion pictures, recordings, and/or likenesses for any legitimate purpose, including but not limited to promoting, advertising, and marketing activities. I further understand that Kannur Cycling Club and its designees have the full right to sell and/or profit from the commercial use of such photographs, motion pictures, recordings, and/or likenesses.
15. I have read and accepted all the rules and regulations, as also detailed on Kannur Cycling Club website and as updated from time to time. I understand that the organisers reserve the right to change rules, regulations, event conditions and I accept that the organisers decision shall be final and binding in respect of all matters concerning the event.
16. I confirm that I have read and understood the contents of this declaration and I hereby confirm my participation and I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the organisers at all times.